Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Is this 2 factor authentication?

I know that the authentication relies solely on the implanted chip, so technically it is one factor, but surely there are so few people in the world this crazy that the effective authentication strength is greater?

I am currently using it to open my handgun safe for instant access. I can have a gun in hand in one second in blackness without fumbling with buttons or codes.

What sort of numbers are we looking at? Let's say there are 100 million in the US who would think this is a good idea for enabling fast, easy & indiscriminate firearm access. That cuts the pool of possible authenticators almost in 3 right?



I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT RFID IS THE MARK OF THE BEAST?

I think SAML needs to write up a new 'beast mark' Authentication Context class and do it fast.

No comments: