Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My lead feels safe

In his first salvo of the 'Great Blog Readership War', Conor fires off

a) a stirring account of how he fixed his kitchen drawer.
b) a hard & driving story describing his purchase and plans for some computer equipment.

I expect we'll next hear about some problem with his farm tractor that he was able to repair with a USB cable and a patch made from chewed-up Cheerios paste.

Blatant attempt at targetted marketing for those searching on 'hardware'. He can have them - my readers pay their "people" to fix & install things. Much like the distinction between 'Jeopardy' and 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' demographics.

I think I can safely take the week off from any further posts. Or the month. Maybe just start up again in January. I do need to ensure that I'm active before the Internet makes it to Ireland - Conor's numbers will jump when his relatives get online.

Note: I choose to believe that it was coincidence that Conor chose his blog address to begin with 'C O N' - the same three letters as does mine. Not intentional typo squatting I'm sure. I might have to revisit this opinion if Conor's metrics (number of linking blogs and Technorati rank) pass mine.

No comments: