Friday, September 15, 2006

My Frequent Flyer Sensei

Conor complains about a United miles promotion.

It's a tough call but I'd venture that Conor might have even more expertise and insight on the subject of business travel than he does on identity (although he does get 'awards' in both domains).

Amazingly, he is also equally opinionated in both. Do normal people care whether they sit on the left or right-hand side of the plane? Conor appears to (and I bet he has statistics to justify his preference).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do! I prefer the right side, in an aisle seat. It's best for me as a left-handed cross-stitcher. A short one -- at 5'5" I can't really appreciate bulkhead seats and prefer regular ones, luckily for you tall folk.

(I haven't posted any TrayTable shots to date, only because my Treo 600's resolution is bad enough that my seatback pix are terrible. I'll have to bring my real camera on my next flight.)

Anonymous said...

The MD80, such as used by American Airlines, is not symmetric: 2+3.
And some regional jets are 1+2.

Conor P. Cahill said...

Eve must be referring to coach seats... Don't have to worry about elbow room up in business or first :-).

Anonymous said...

My very lack of height means that first class isn't all it's cracked up to be in terms of comfort, though the width of the seats is definitely an improvement. Mostly I just like the free cashews and Scotch up there. :-) I upgrade occasionally using miles when I'm feeling metaphysically entitled, but tend to save the miles for free trips to Hawaii.